SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
busymom03

So close ---- final decision - pendants/chandelier

7 years ago

We are almost done with our remodel, and the last decision for me to make is killing me! I am looking for pendants and possibly a new chandelier, but can't figure out what finish to buy. My current chandelier, which is sort of a more coppery bronze, is about 6 feet away from the kitchen - but in direct site line of where the pendants will hang. The lighting designer is strongly suggesting polished nickel (to match my pulls and require replacing the chandy too then), and suggested no other color will work without feeling out of place. I am not opposed to replacing the chandelier but haven't found anything that I have loved that will work in the space in PN. The PN chandeliers just feel too modern to me. So here are my options - which would you do…. 1) stick with the ORB type finish for both the pendants and keep existing chandelier for now. 2) Go with PN fixtures - and try to find a chandelier I don't hate in PN or 3) Try a completely different finish for fixtures all together, like an aged bronze or gold. Pendant will vary depending on the color selected (for example, if I do PN would go with the Harmon pendant most likely, if I did any other color would prob go with a globe pendant).

I have attached a picture of the space. Just as an additional point - from pictures and across the room the counter reads grey - but when you are standing above it there is quite a bit of rust/tan movement through the top -- but no matter how many pictures I take it just doesn't come through. This room is part of a family/kitchen combo - the family room side will have a tan couch and dark wood built in. I don't have any pics of that side since it is overflowing with boxes right now. I was planning on reusing my ORB curtain rods through the room but could switch - just not sure what I would change it out to.

Kitchens · More Info

Comments (33)