SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melis918

Gift for family in Germany- need suggestions

Melissa Kroger
7 years ago

My 18 yo daughter went to study in Germany and her accommodation fell through (minor disaster) , so she is staying with her boyfriend's family for a total of nearly 3 months. DH and I will be visiting in a few weeks and will only meet up with the parents for one dinner in Berlin, then take the kids to Prague and Vienna for 10 days. The family does not have much money and we know that hosting our daughter must be a strain on their finances, Obviously I would like to bring them something as a gesture of thanks. We've already sent them candy, wine, a nice throw blanket and some other things when she stayed with them on a 10 day visit less than 6 months ago. They will not accept any money from us and it would be an insult if we offered. Does anyone have any suggestions for a thoughtful gift that would adequately express our appreciation for welcoming our daughter in their home for such a long and unexpected stay? My mind is totally blank! I will add that her boyfriend will be staying with us in CA for a month this summer and we will be taking him on a road trip up the coast to Seattle, stopping in San Francisco, Ashland and Portland, so we will be reciprocating.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH