SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cc_bayarea

Help planning out the order of my wall of pink roses

CC_bayarea9b
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi lovely rosarians, I need your expertise!

I have 6 roses coming this spring in various shades of pink and I need your help figuring out the best order to plant them for a calm, gradient effect with similar pink tones planted next to each other.

I'm planting all of them in a raised bed along the side of my fence, and the first of the new roses will be planted next to a Royal Jubilee (a magenta with purple, lilac tones) on the left that's already in the raised bed. I have a trellis installed along the entire fence, so the roses that need to climb or ramble will be tied to the trellis. I'm okay mixing shorter/taller varieties.

Its hard to know how accurate online photos are when it comes to color, so I'd love your opinion whether I have these in the right order. This is how they would go along the fence:

Sorry if it's hard to see I couldn't adjust the uploaded photo, though the original is bigger. It'll be---- from left to right:

Royal Jubilee (already planted), followed by (pictured above):

Dee-Lish, Leonardo Da Vinci, Dames De Chenoceaua, Sonia Rykiel, Memorial Day and Souer Emmanuelle.

I'm wondering if I should put Souer Emanuelle first before Dee-Lish since that may have more lavender/undertones that go nicely with Royal Jubilee?

Any comments/help on actual color, tone, what I should switch around would be greatly appreciated!! Also I'm buying all of these roses because of all of the gorgeous photos you've all posted, so thank you for the inspiration and for introducing me to all these beautiful varieties =)!!

Comments (19)