SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbushsc

2017 Logan Labs Test Help (year 2 of soil management)

Brandon Bush
7 years ago

Hi GardenWeb,

I've got an updated soil test for the start of the 2017 Bermuda growing season that I'd appreciate help interpreting. Since morpheuspa started me on a program last year, hopefully he's around to update his advice, but any help is welcomed!

Info and goals: 2016 was my first great grass season after following the advice on this forum. By summer, my 5400 sqft of Bermuda was a deep green and fairly consistent. This year I'm not looking to do anything radical -- just maintain and keep incrementally improving the soil. But I am definitely willing to put in a good amount of work, so there's no need to shy away from more detailed or tedious suggestions. The F1 and B1 sample locations were sodded differently, but are part of the same lawn.

2016 soil test and and lawn details: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/good-yard-slowly-going-bad-help-needed-with-logan-lab-soil-test-dsvw-vd~3693709

2017 results:

Some of the differences may come from the different sampling depth (6" this year versus 4"). I also leveled the lawn with 6 tons of sand, which I assume may have affected the soil analysis some.

I'm glad to see that I've bumped up the organic matter a little. Also, the multiple applications of starter fertilizer definitely pushed up the phosphorous. Good enough yet? And the sprinkling of boron definitely showed up in both areas of the lawn!

Comments (25)