SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_24854469

How do I design big, FULL hanging baskets full of wave petunias?

User
7 years ago

Ladies & gents,

I absolutely love the look of the big, huge, full hanging baskets with wave petunias. Something like the below photo.

But, how is it done? I was on another site and they said it can be done by planting petunias on the sides of a lined hanging basket. I've heard mixed opinions on this as far as how effective it is, and have never planted wave petunias before, so if you could offer me any advice or tips I'd really appreciate it.

Here's another question: how much do you think one of these baskets would weigh? I have hangers in my soffits for this purpose exactly, and they're rated for 15 lbs. (I'm OK with pushing this limit just a little bit... the hangers look pretty sturdy). If I got a couple of 12" baskets, I think that would be an OK size without overwhelming my hangers, even when it's just been watered, but would love to hear your opinions on all of the above.

Last year, I got some $5 hanging baskets of petunias from Lowe's, but they weren't wave petunias, and they kept having to be trimmed because they'd stop blooming and get leggy. They were a bit underwhelming as well, but I suppose you can't beat the price. Have you all had good luck with wave petunias?

Thanks again!

Comment