SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20188432

Please choose my living room layout!!!! With sugar on top!

User
7 years ago

We have to place our floor outlets this week (surprise to me!), so I guess I need to choose our living room layout now

Any and all comments are welcomed!!!! (I'll also posted this in building)

FYI, the bottom corner of the room is all windowsThe room and window sizes and windows are slightly different in the drawings, so ignore those details. The current windows are reflected in option #2

I’ve always preferred symmetrical layouts and this seems nice.

However, when I saw option 2, it made me wonder if the effect of the nice symmetry is lost when the arrangement is directed to the side of the room, as it is here. Meaning, perhaps when looking at it from the dining and kitchen area, maybe having the chairs on one side and not another takes away from the symmetry anyway? It still looks nice but it's just something to point out if I'm choosing this based on the symmetry.

This option was shown because it’s thought to be nicer to walk into the side of lighter chairs than a sofa. (I get that it’s not ideal to walk into the sofa but i’m not concerned about it)

He thought when looking down the room from the kitchen or dining room, it will seem lighter, more open and airier to not have the second sofa to look over. Meaning, there will be more view and light peaking through those chairs..

I really liked the extra big and long sofas which seemed nice in a big room.

But, i’m not sure how close those chairs are to the windows and maybe more space is better. Also, perhaps the identical width rugs in options 1 and 2 will look nicer in the room

Comments (5)