SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
backyardfeast

Help with farmhouse bathroom colours

backyardfeast
7 years ago

We are reno-ing a rancher in a farmhouse style, with wide-plank fir floors, butcher-block countertops in the kitchen, farmhouse sink, etc. For most of the house, the paint will be cream or warm whites, and the kitchen cabinets will be the same.

I'm really struggling with a palette for our bathroom, though! We will have a wood vanity (mid-tone alder or maple), and quartz countertops in some shade of white (I love the wood + marble look, but we won't be doing marble). All the farmhouse bathrooms I see are stark white, with subway tile, or white and gray (marbles). But we don't like pure white or gray, and it would seem that would clash with the rest of the house?

The bathroom won't have any windows either, so lighter colours are best, but I can't find any inspiration photos of creams and woods in a bathroom. We will have a large shower, but no tub, so I will need to pick out tile for the shower and for the bathroom floors. I have no idea what to pick that will say "farmhouse" but not be marble or white subway tile.

Help! Thank you!

Comments (8)