SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
otter8

Kratky method hydroponics experiment

John
7 years ago

So I was poking around online and decided to try and grow some lettuce and basil using quart mason jars. In the process of fooling around I put a couple of adenium seeds in some rock wool pellets and thought I would do a bit of an experiment. To be honest I am a bit blown away at how good these seedlings have been doing so far they are my largest seedlings growing at this point and some of mine are over a month older. I planted one A. Arabicum seed 12/11/2016 and one A. Somalense 12/15/2016 the first seed went bad from the 11th. The seeds both sprouted in about 3 days and I waited until I saw the first root coming out of the bottom of the rock wool and then put them in the quart jars with the Hydoponic solution and placed them under my LED fixture. The photos of the roots in water were taken the same day as the plants and this was the same day I changed the solution after the photos. I had not added any solution or water at all since the first set up. I am pretty happy with how they are doing so far beautiful dark green leaves and lots of branching.

A Arabicum

A. Somalense

Comments (16)