SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cjzimmer1

Repair or replace - Electrolux Induction Range

cjzimmer
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Back in Feb 2011 I ordered the Electrolux Freestanding Induction range (with double ovens), I even got the 5 year extended warranty since there was some concern about the circuit boards not holding up. It worked flawlessly for 6 years and last week threw the F14 error code early in the morning before anyone was up and even touching it. Canceling clears the error code, the burners continue to work fine but any use of timers or oven results in immediate return of the error code.

So the repair place came and say it needs a new control panel, installed we are looking at $775-800. He says that is the most likely culprit but there is no guarantee that the power control board might also need replacing (don't have a cost but obviously we are talking an very expensive repairs here).

I haven't been keeping up with new models, longevity or anything, I was just happily cooking away (I have 6 kids and we cook most everything from scratch so my range is well used and well loved).

So in my shoes would you invest $800 in fixing this one (6 years just doesn't seem very old to me) or invest in a new one? If new, suggestions on models (I would prefer ones with the large burners up front because I cook everything in mass quantities), must be induction.

Comments (18)