SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

OT - corydalis

jacqueline9CA
7 years ago

I am posting this on here because I get faster and better responses on this forum re ANY question about any kind of plant.

So, I have had very successful corydalis plants, growing at the (shaded) bottom of my front stairs in full shade but bright light. Despite what I read about them dying off and not surviving heat, my oldest ones are over 6 years old, and our summers frequently get into the 90 degrees F. Yellow and white are working great - I have several pots of each and they are going strong. My problem is that I would like to grow some other colors, and I have tried, but no luck.

I had a pink one, and a purple one, and they just disappeared quite promptly 1-2 years ago, a few weeks after planting. To my amazement, after 56 inches of rain in 5 months, today I noticed teenie tiny plants (maybe 2 inches high) where the old ones had been, and each was blooming - one pink and one purple! Also, I have 2 different colors of blue ones on order.

So, my question is, has anyone grown the blue, purple, or pink ones successfully, and what is different about them than the yellow and the white ones? Why can I grow the latter but not the former? Are they more finicky? Any thoughts appreciated.

Jackie

Comments (6)