SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

A Picture from Everyone: Shade Garden Edition

Hi all! I was sitting on the patio the other day, which is by my shade garden, and thinking how much I liked it. Shade gardens have to be my favorite. If I were to do the yard over again I would be tempted to make it all shade gardens. They don't seem to require as much effort as the sun gardens, and they look nice for a long time even when there isn't anything blooming, maybe because the focus is often on foliage.

Do you have a shade garden? I think most everyone has at least one shaded area. I would LOVE to see everyones shade gardens! So let us see your favorite pic of your shade garden. Doesn't matter what time of year it was taken, or even if it was taken this year. Doesn't matter if you are a newbie, post em'! Doesn't matter if you think you have posted it too much before. Do it again! Lets see them!

But remember, please post ONLY ONE PICTURE! If you have more to share you can certainly post as many as you like on the gallery side. Let's be kind to those on dial-up (namely myself, lol!)

And tell us what you like about your shade garden. What kind of plants do you like to use? Woodland plants? Do you have many flowering plants in your shade garden, or do you like big bold foliage, such as with hostas?

-

I have two main shade gardens (with a couple tiny nook gardens). One is under the overhang in the front yard. It is pretty nice, but my favorite is the back one. It is more mature and looks complete and filled in. I LOVE woodland-y plants and natives. If I had lots of shade I think I might even make a bed for just those. As it is, I use a mix of things, natives, flowering plants (many of which bloom in spring), and a lot of bold foliage.

My favorite time is spring. This pic of my shade garden is in June I think. I love this pic because it shows my beloved Tellima and Trollius in bloom.

{{gwi:628651}}

Let's see yours now!!

CMK

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths