SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hcbm

Boo Hoo My Washer Is Unwell

hcbm
7 years ago

Today I was doing a load of whites and after a minute or two I realized I couldn't hear the machine turning. When I got close enough I realized the motor was turning but the drum was not. Boo Hoo a broken machine.

The machine is a Malber P21. 20041905392-010020167-01 01 Made in Italy.

I am guessing the belt broke. It was still draining, filling, the motor sounded like it was turning and the cycle knob was turning with time. Tomorrow a friend who is a genius with all things mechanical is going to take a look. If the machine is in good shape inside I am willing to repair the machine even if cost a few hundred dollars. Though it is old and I am the second owner I like the fact that it doesn't dumb down the hot water (my building does that LOL), it uses a decent amount of water, has a mechanical timer, does three warm rinses and fits in the tiny laundry closet. If it is truly beyond saving I need a small compact front loader. I would consider the following machines: Miele, Electrolux, and the Bosch. Currently there are few Miele machines on NYC Craigslist, but I think they are asking too much for a used machine. I would like to buy used, simple because I prefer a non HE, no water machine and the three new brands I would consider are expensive.

Sorry for the long post, but just needed to share.

Comments (11)