SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roxan1

Induction cooktop and oven size decisions

roxan
7 years ago

Has anyone installed a 30" cooktop and regretted not getting the 36". Has anyone installed the 36" and later discovered they did not need that much cooking space? What factors played most important part in your decision? I love to cook and currently have a 30" coil cooktop with 1 non-working burner and no landing space on either side. I have not really needed the 4th burner.

I will be doing a complete kitchen remodel. I am thinking of aesthetics over function because price diff is not that much on my new induction cooktop and I have the room. I can pair a 36" vent hood with either a 36" or a 30" cooktop.

What about the oven. I am having the same problem deciding on the 27" vs the 30" single electric oven. I really don't use the oven as much as I do the cooktop but have wanted the bigger oven when using large cookie sheets or roasting a turkey. Is it worth the extra 3" of space for only occasional use? Price is same for either size.

I know it may sound silly for a few inches but I am just trying to maximize the layout before I make any final decisions. DH is of no help so female (or male cooks) input is most appreciated :)

Comments (6)