SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olchik_gw

Cooktop size and induction cooktop control

olchik
16 years ago

Hello

I have 2 questions today.

1. I have a medium-sized kitchen, currently about 10x10. I will try to enlarge it to make it 12x12, but it will still be medium sized. Currently, I have stove which has 2 burners that work well (large and small) and 2 that are very so-so. I use the latter two only when I absolutely have to. So, essentially, I have a two-burner stove :)) I plan my cooking around the burners and, honestly, I feel very limited by them.

I would like to move up to a 36-inch 5-burner. But since the kitchen is not large, every foot counts. So I am wondering, how often do you find yourself using the whole span of the 36-inch cooktop (space-wise or burner-wise)? Do you feel that 30 would have been adequate? I guess I should say that currently there are only 3 of us in the family, but I like to cook and frequently make a few things at a time. I'd like a 36" cooktop, but maybe that's just greed talking :)

2. For those that have an induction cooktop, can you please tell me what brand/model you have and how easy the power adjustments are to use. I have read somewhere that some cooktops require you to first pick a burner and then adjust the temp, or have to press hard to make an adjustment or not respond to wet hands. I am especially interested in the Miele and Bosch, they seem to be in my price range with the features (read, timers) that I'd like. I am not looking at Viking, don't like the knobs.

Thanks!

Comments (17)