SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cudjoegal

Wall oven under Induction Cooktop? Induction Range?

Mary Readel
9 years ago

I am still trying to decide on Appliances, researching, and reading posts. I am very interested in the Miele Convection Steam Oven, and having a 30" induction cook top. I would like to have a conventional oven as well, but not really a 30", a 27" would be fine. Our kitchen is small, galley style, and I am trying to make it all work. If I could have put the Bosch 27" wall oven under the 30" Benchmark induction cook top, I would do it. The 30" induction cook top, because of it's electronics, does not allow a wall oven to be installed underneath (you can do it with the 36" induction cook top, but not the 30"). Miele does allow a wall oven to be installed under the cook top, as long as there is a 4"space between the bottom of the cook top and the top of the oven (will that make the oven too low?) They offer a 24" wall oven, but will that be too small? I could put the Bosch 27" under it. I then would like to have the CSO installed under the counter in our peninsula, across, but not directly across from the cook top and wall oven. Then I looked at the Miele Induction 30" Range, and thought that might take care of everything, as it offers 'steam assist'. Miele Rep. said that Steam Assist is not the same as the CSO. I would also be heating up a large oven, when often I am cooking for two. I am so confused at this point. I even thought of going with the Miele CSO alone, no conventional oven, but put the electrical service under the cook top area, and if I missed having the conventional oven, put one in later. Please help me with any advice you have. Thank you in advance! These forums are great, and I appreciate everyone's help, advice, experience!

Comments (7)