SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyssalea

Looking for lighting inspiration (or really any inspiration!)

lyssalea
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

My SO and I have made little to no progress on decorating/renovating our home since we moved in, but I am determined to make some progress! The previous owners had a very Adirondack-country style--think pinecone wallpaper and alllll of the oak. We're not in a position to do major renovations, so we're trying to do what we can with furniture, paint, and lighting to make the space feel more like us--inviting and cozy but a little more modern. Thus far, we've acquired a couch, a side table, a rug, a little thrifted MCM chair that I love, and not much else!

Right now, I'm struggling with lighting in the combined kitchen/living room space. When we moved in, there were three mismatched stained glass semi flush mounts. We do not like them at all, so we recently swapped the living room light out for the industrial/rustic light you see below (Kichler Barrington--we hoped it would tie in the wood stove, which we intend to keep.)

We're keeping the Barrington light, but now I have no idea what to do with the other small stained glass lights in front of the two doors.

I could do two more of the Barrington lights, but then would that be too much of the same thing all in one pretty small room?

But if I were to do something else, I don't know what would coordinate well. Our ceilings are crazy low--less that 8 feet. (I try to tell myself its the charm of our c. 1860 home, lol). We're definitely limited to flush mount or semi flush.

Any suggestions or inspiration pictures would be so very appreciated! Seriously. I love this home, but it flummoxes me so sometimes. Thank you!

Comments (4)