SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
markus64

Any experience with undercounter freezers (Subzero vs. Perlick)

M
7 years ago

I am a long time reader/contributor (with occasional gaps), but today marks the first time that I have a question of my own.

We are starting the process of remodeling our kitchen. It'll move around the corner from where it was before and turn from a haphazardly arranged "walk-through" kitchen into a more traditional galley kitchen. While still not huge, it is reasonably sized, and we think we can optimize it for all the appliances that we need/want. In particular, we want to maximize fridge and freezer space, as the kitchen is two floors up (the house is built into a hillside). I don't want to have to run downstairs to the garage every time I need something from the freezer.

This brings me to my question. We think we can achieve our design goals by buying one or more likely two undercounter freezer drawers in addition to a traditionally-sized all-fridge. We have been looking at both Subzero and Perlick. The Subzero 30" units look OK, but it sounds as if Perlick has even more storage capacity and squeezes it into 24".

Unfortunately, while there are several dealers who sell Perlick, nobody has them on display. And we can't really find many online reviews for either device. I guess, our requirements are just a little unusual.

For all the gory details, feel free to look at a mock-up of the kitchen design: https://kitchendesign2017.github.io/kitchendesign/

Comments (8)