SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctsnicholas

Window above bed headboard

ctsnicholas
7 years ago

I have Andersen 400 windows. They are the gas filled, Low-E, crankout window. In my bedroom, I have 2 windows of the same size. 30" x 48" if I remember correctly. One is above the bed, the other on the other outside wall. I notice when laying in bed I feel chilly next to the window. It's not air moving around, it's just a constant cool chill coming from the window location. The temperature was 30 degrees F outside, and no wind. My main question is 1.) Is it not common to have a window above the bed? and 2.)Do you folks feel the chill from the window in these conditions, or should I expect more out of these windows?

If it were windy and in the single digits, I would expect this. I know the glass is cold, and the R value is very little.

I have not been around any other quality window. It's too hard for me to tell what a different brand would be like until I actually live with it. Andersen has a higher series now, called Eagle which I would be willing to try. I hear good and bad about Pella, but it seems to be a pricier option for same U-Value and Marvin is not sold locally but I would look into it if it's truly superior.

I am hoping someone here had had multiple window brands and has a valid comparison of real experience.

Comments (6)