SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_28531818

What filler strips are required for frameless cabinets?

7 years ago

I'm playing around with my layout in the IKEA planner. I know that if you have a cabinet edge right up to the wall you need some filler. Other than that, do you need any by the range or around any other appliances such as dishwasher? My range won't be right up against a wall. I'll just have countertop work surface on each side, but I didn't know if it needed more of a gap between range and neighboring cabinets.

Even if you don't need filler strips in a certain area, will it hurt to have them if you are trying to make the uppers look better with the lowers? Or will that stick out like a sore thumb? On one side of the window above the sink there will be a longer run of cabinets than the other so I'm struggling a bit on the spacing and size of cabinets to use to be spaced properly in relation to what's below.

My run of cabinets won't go to the wall on either end. Only the cabinet by my fridge will. I won't have to worry about making everything the right size to fit up to the wall but I still want a layout that is aesthetically pleasing.

Comments (4)