SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raphaellathespanishwaterdog

New rug is here.....pics inside!

raphaellathespanishwaterdog
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi all!

Firstly, I wanted to say a huge 'thank you' to everyone that posted their unanimous support for our new rug in my other thread....your words of encouragement were what I needed! The rug came home at the end of last week and we've decided it's definitely a keeper. Some pics will follow at the end of this post.

Secondly, I just want to respond to a few individual comments.....

aprilneverends 'Sitting here very nervous someone else will snatch the rug, totally unreasonable I know, but I'm really anxious for it to become yours asap'

Thanks for being so emotionally invested in this decision, april, lol!!! I'm like that myself and totally appreciate your support!

laughablemoments 'Can you put a deposit on it over the phone on a credit card if you're concerned it could go quickly?'

Hey, laughable, we did just that and so glad we did. Thanks for suggesting it!

OutsidePlaying 'I still can't get over your beautiful and interesting spaces. Especially that view from your gorgeous windows. I'd sit there all day and never get anything done.'

Thanks, Outside! Yep, that's about right, lol!

Anglophilia 'Sure sounds cozier than 'great room' or 'family room', terms commonly used in the US.'

See, Anglophilia, I'm the other way round and love all things American! As a child I affected an American accent and longed to emigrate ;) Thank you, though!

schoolhouse_gw 'Question about your dark green velvet drape in the first photo. Are they vintage? Heavy? I have vint. heavy velvet drapes in my library that I would love to switch over from hooks on a curtain rod, to just rings like yours.........If your drape(s) are heavy where did you find the rings? Do they clip on or are they sewn into the pleats? Thank you!'

Thank you, schoolhouse! They are vintage - GP & J Baker Henley Damask velvet. They are very heavy. We have them on a 35mm metal pole with matching rings. The curtains/drapes have heading tape into which are inserted metal hooks which in turn are hooked onto the rings. Nothing particularly exciting, just the usual UK way, lol!

chickadee2_gw 'Do you have any pictures of your lamps at night?'

Thanks for the compliment, chickadee! I will try to dig some out....or take new ones!

MtnRdRedux 'Love it. When can I move in. Idyllic. Every chain in the US tries to sell 'collected'; you have the genuine article. Enjoy!'

Thank you, Mtn! I know you have truly beautiful homes, so your praise - and indeed the praise/comments of everyone here - means a lot! We've been collecting 'stuff' for 20+ years, although sadly sold off a lot when we downsized a few years ago. Now we're trying to build it back up again, although going in a more eclectic direction, lol!

Ida, thanks for the 'pub snug' pic and info. Love that story about the vicar imbibing in secret from his parishioners!!

To everyone else that gave the rug their 'thumbs up' (LynnNM, My3dogs, Pipdog, Rekha A, mom2sulu, texanjana, minuscule, jjam, bpathome, Boopadaboo and anniecat.....hope I've not left anyone out!) thank you all :)

Without further ado, the pics......

We are gradually introducing more blues into the room. There is some blue in the rug, plus we have lots of blue (mainly turquoise/peacock blues) throughout the other rooms we've finished/are in the process of doing. I just shopped my house and brought down a blue velvet cushion (throw pillow!) from the library upstairs and as well as more of the same, I think I need to find a large blue vase for the round table as well as another (blue) throw. Also looking for a Regency style 'nursery' fire guard as I'm nervous about lighting a real fire now in case a spark burns the rug, lol!

Raphaella x

Comments (34)