SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toronado3800

Customer service advice, words needed

We had a bit of a failure today and I'd like the public's input.

A man bought a sectional and signed off on the cheap delivery option. Essentially we bring it in the front door and drop it off all wrapped up. Its unusual but we are a discount place and give our customers every chance to save money.

The Mrs. was home when our delivery team arrived. Sometime AFTER they left and logged in at the next stop she called our store and had a pretty negative conversation with the manager.

Especially with something this easy (and close to us in this case) like that after completing the rest of our work or the next day we would go back and do the service. She was pretty angry though and dropped a line similar to "My husband couldn't understand that" which totally derailed the conversation. We essentially answered with a "really?" as its a pretty basic form and she yelled again then ended the conversation.

Really the service to unwrap a sectional and put the feet on is pretty basic as long as you have a power screwdriver and a long square bit. We just offer the cheap drop off to save our customers money if they choose.

At this point I have chosen to not follow up on the store's problem and maybe rub salt in a wound. Our end of the conversation except for the shock after she said her husband couldn't understand the form was pretty good.

I figure when the husband gets home he'll probably just put the feet on as he agreed to and be done with it. I'll probably quiz the delivery team to make sure they did not block the front door or tv as much as possible with it or anything which would make her angry.

What do you all think?

Comments (2)