SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Shoulder: MAYBE I'll be "experimental"?!?!?

Faron79
7 years ago

Hi gang!

Wow....Shoulder's are certainly "In" now, aren't they!?!? ;-) (that reminds me of a Will & Grace episode, where Karen tricked another rich maven into getting a "shoulder-enlargement". I can't remember the reason, but God that was funny!)

Anyhoo....when I had my 1month followup with the PA last Thur., she mentioned that the Dr. who did my Left TKR IN 9/2014 is participating in/leading a shoulder study! The study is dealing with smaller cuff-tear(s) that may benefit from Stem-Cell therapy...wow!!

So....my PA talked with the study-coordinator, & my knee-Surgeon! They think I'll be a candidate, because of my recent right-shoulder issue. The PA thinks I do have some small tears.

1st step: Getting an Ultrasound-scan of my shoulder, to get a good idea of how big any tears are. If any tears fall within the study size-range, then it's on to....

2nd step: A special(??) High-def MRI done to get the exact type/size of any tears.

3rd step: If the MRI shows tears, thennnnnn......

4th step: Using my own Stem-Cells (taken from belly area)!!! After some type of "Processing" (???), these are then injected into the cuff-area(??). Uffda! This injection is guided by Ultrasound I guess?!

Holy Moly!! This was kind of a weird/exciting development! All the tests/MRI would be free she said, but I have to get clarification on that initial Ultrasound....

???? Has anyone been a part of any study like this!?!?!

I'm excited, but leery at the same time! Not sure what to expect!?!?!?

Faron

Comments (15)