SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bri_m52

Monstera leaves turning yellow and other concerns

Bri M
7 years ago

Hi, I have a monstera plant that I purchased in December, not sure how old it is but I've noticed as many as 4-7 leaves have turned yellow. I'm also having issues stabilizing the plant. I've since removed 4 of them but I see 3 more current & forming on the bigger leaves. I am concerned because I'm not sure if lighting is the issue or if it's how I water my plant. I typically place the plant near the window when I go to work then I move it near my closet at night to avoid damage from my central heating info. I've read to water it once a month in the winter but again my water may not be enough(?). I'm not sure. My pot does have a drainage hole or 2 and I spritz the leaves normally. I also changed the pot and noticed that the aerial roots just above the soil formed like a shell around the pot. Sort of like a hat above the roots below the soil. I did my best to loosen the roots below the soil but now it seems this has caused the plant to lean now because it is too heavy. I tried to get the roots flow down in the pot but I guess they've gotten use to that shell under the aerial roots and have grown to that shape very near the top of the pot. This made it hard to add soil below the aerial roots and now that the roots are loosed the top heavy plant raises pulling the "hat" and soil up out of the pot. What should I do once I purchase my moss pole or PVC pipe?

Comment