What are you reading in 2017?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (65)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
Related Discussions
'What To Say When You Talk To Yourself'? - Have You Read It???
Comments (3)Yes, Arum, I read it several years ago... great book... it really gets to the meat of the matter about the internal dialogue we all have with ourselves every day, almost every waking minute when we're not talking with someone else or actively mentally engaged in something else. The simple act of learning to think "I'm a capable person and I can do what I set out to do, etc.," rather than "I'm such a loser and nothing ever goes right for me," and so forth, can have a powerful impact on how successful we are in our daily lives. I probably need to go back and read it again, though, as I've fallen back into some of the old, bad habits. Enjoy the book and try to apply what it says. I highly recommend it. Jeff...See MoreWhat are you reading? (Garden books & others)
Comments (74)In case anyone missed the PBS special The Botany of Desire which premiered Wednesday, October 28, 2009, you can still watch the entire program online. It's incredible. Book turned documentary. BOTANY OF DESIRE is a documentary which tells the utterly original story of everyday plants and the way they have domesticated humankind. An interpretation of the relationship between plants and people. This two-hour documentary explores plant evolution and takes viewers from the potato fields of Peru and Idaho, the apple forests of Kazakhstan, and the tulip markets of Amsterdam. View online in it's entirety: here This is another related program by the same presenter on LINK TV (a cable access channel) which is timely: Deep Agriculture Traditional methods of agriculture in most developed nations have long ignored environmental concerns. Factors such as soil erosion, water shortage and the impact of chemicals on bio-systems have been overlooked in favour of massive crop yields and cheaper food. But what impact does this have on our health and our environment? View online in it's entirety: here __________________________ Sit down with a cup of tea or coffee and witness the evolution of an Organic Kitchen Garden....See MoreWhat are you reading? I'm reading
Comments (44)Ah I always check out these postings. I've found some excellent reads thanks to my fellow book lovers on this site. Right now I have a few suggestions that I have just finished or am on the final pages of: The Potato Factory - Bryce Courtenay (been out a few years and just discovered in the library reject pile) House of Spirits and Whispers - Annie Wilder . This is the true story of a haunted house. Is it scary...no, but as I love old houses and things that go bump in the night I liked it for a change of pace. Alone in the classroom - Elizabeth Hay. Half way done and am liking it well enough but wonder about all the hype. Those are my offerings this time around. Budster...See MoreWhat have you put up 2017
Comments (210)Merry Christmas from Michigan too! I am cleaning out the freezer, making room for beef that was supposed to be processed in the fall but my processor had an equipment "failure" and needed to repair/replace some refrigeration units. So the steers just keep eating and getting fatter. Anyway, I've made both beef and chicken broth and canned it, and I'm thinking I'll take those jalapenos that I froze for poppers and make some more of the jalapeno relish, I'm all out! My stepson has been eating the stuff on pancakes for breakfast, but no one is eating poppers, so I'll give it a try, I've never made it with frozen peppers before. I'm in the process of using canned goods instead of canning them, and we'll have our holiday dinner on Sunday, Christmas Dinner on New Year's Eve, LOL, but two family members work the midnight shift and everyone has in-laws and Mother has grandkids and so I didn't really care which day, only that everyone gets together. So, New Year's Eve it is. Meanwhile I canned 7 quarts of beef broth, 6 quarts of chicken broth and I helped my daughter can another 11 quarts of chuck roast. She uses more canned than she does frozen, so she likes to keep it on hand. Annie...See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

INSIDE HOUZZData Watch: Home Renovation Professionals Expect Growth in 2017
The 2017 Houzz State of the Industry study offers a forecast of what’s to come this year and stats from last year
Full Story
ARCHITECTURESmaller and Smarter: An Architect’s Resolutions
This architect and midcentury fan plans to get out of his comfort zone in the new year
Full Story
COLORS OF THE YEARThey’re All Here: Paint Colors of the Year for 2017
There’s a bit of a consensus, plus a couple of interesting outliers, among paint companies' top color picks
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES28 Design Ideas Coming to Homes Near You in 2017
Set to go big: Satin brass, voice assistants, vanity conversions, spring green and more
Full Story
COLORMeet Greenery, Pantone’s 2017 Color of the Year
See how to give your home a fresh start for the new year with this fun, nature-inspired hue
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen Confidential: Trends to Look For in 2017
These designers expect to see more jewel tones, pleasing textures and colorful cabinetry in kitchens this year
Full Story
FUN HOUZZRunway to Room: Home Palettes From New York’s Fall Fashion Week 2016
Spring 2017’s collections offer inspiration for the home — whether whimsical, dramatic or inspired by space exploration
Full Story
LIFESlow Down and Ease Up: A Sanity-Saving Approach to Life
Why not take the pressure off and live a little more consciously in 2017? The challenging goals can wait
Full Story
EVENTSChinese New Year Must-Haves for the Home
Chinese culture is peppered with symbolism. See how to mark the season auspiciously in your decor and gift-giving
Full Story
SHOP HOUZZShop Houzz: A Postholiday Getaway at Home
Recover from all that partying with this relaxing collection
Full Story
phyllis__mn