SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_14373576

HELP! What color ceiling fan?

User
7 years ago

I am trying to choose a new ceiling fan for our master bedroom. We need a fan because we live in the South. It's a must. We also need lights on the fan. I am also on the fence about furniture color.

I narrowed it down to a black iron ceiling fan with black blades and an all white ceiling fan. I do no want brushed nickel decor. I am worried a white fan, while matching the ceiling, will look cheap compared to our nice ivory bedding and handmade furniture (more info below). Will a black iron fan be too dark and create a heaviness or draw too much attention? Or will it create a nice balance if we go with black wood furniture around the room?

We will be making new furniture this year and we are planning on doing ebony stained wood. We have an ebony stained bed frame under the bed that we already made but are willing to repaint or remake. I am open to other ideas for stain/paint colors on the furniture. We do not like golden or honey toned woods. We lean towards black, dark woods, white, grays, etc. We want to avoid trendy furniture choices so we can use these for years with different bedding changes.

I will soon be painting the wall either a very light grayish tan (Revere Pewter, Edgecomb Gray, BM Wish, etc) or a medium gray/taupe. However, I am very open to recommendations. The wall color in the images is okay but is 13 years old and needs repainting.

Here is an image of one of the bedside lamps:

The bedding pieces are natural colored linen and ivory fabrics from Pottery Barn. These are keepers and will not be changing.

Additonal decor: Carpet is neutral light tan. The room is 15' x 15' and we have a 10' tray ceiling. The ceiling is currently painted white. Crown molding and baseboards are white. Our curtain rods are black iron (can be changed) with ivory/natural linen drapes. Our door handles are brushed nickel.

As far as decor styles, I am most inspired by this image from Pottery Barn:

And the style in this image that I found here on Houzz:

All opinions will be so much appreciated!!

Comments (4)