SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stblgt_gw

what to do? ceiling fans, vaulted ceilings and window questions.

stblgt
10 years ago

hey everyone! new to the forum and like to read about what everyone is doing. i'm having a home built in early 2014 and have pretty much everything finalized except a few items.

1. ceiling fans. what is everyone's thought on this? I think i'm putting one in the great room, but would you put them in the bedrooms? do you think they are outdated?

2. vaulted ceilings in bedrooms (other than master). we are having an angled tray ceiling in the master bedroom, but was wondering if we should do a vaulted ceiling in the other 2 bedrooms. they are both around the same size at 10.6" (wide) x 13.0" (long). are these bedrooms too small for a vaulted ceiling? the plan we have calls for them, but we're not sure if we should remove them.

3. great room windows. we have tall windows in the great room. in the front there is 1 (fixed) window and in the rear we are having either 3 or 4 (identical to the front) windows. our dilemma is to have the 3 or 4 windows fixed like the front of the house or to have those 3 or 4 as double-hung windows so we will be able to open them.

I appreciate your help and open to all and any suggestions that you have.

thanks!

This post was edited by stblgt on Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 16:07

Comments (10)