SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
housequester

Bathroom help

housequester
7 years ago

We're building a home and are needing help with our bathroom. The doorway at the top goes to the closet and the one to the right is to the bedroom. Originally we wanted to enclose the toilet but tightening up the plan due to budget made us take that out, so we planned to just have a privacy wall. We were up at the job site yesterday and that is framed. I stood inside the toilet area and it just seems really cramped; plus, with 9' ceilings I'm worried it will feel like sitting inside a tube. We are considering having them change that to a pony wall or removing it altogether (which would give us a little extra elbow room). The shower opposite may change a bit as we're not sure if that will be a 3 walled shower with glass facing the vanity or if it will be mostly enclosed with only a glass door. As it is now the cost will be high due to the non standard shower pan, so we're working on other options. We will need to decide all of these things in the next few days as the plumber is going to be starting to work very soon.

So, my questions: Which would you decorators suggest: Floor to ceiling wall by toilet, pony wall, or no wall? And in each of those scenarios, where do we put bars for hand towels? With a high wall we could put one there, but there's no room on the door side in either circumstance. I've been looking online at bathrooms and have been somewhat amused but perplexed because very few of them actually show a place for a hand towel unless the vanity is butted up against a wall. What to people do--drip dry? :-)

We are open to one big mirror or two mirrors. Thanks!

Comments (7)