SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gracefullyaged

Kitchen Wall Paint Color (X-Post)

gracefullyaged
7 years ago

Looking for assistance with color for our kitchen walls. This is the third color we’ve had since moving in circa 2009.

This color was spec’d by a somewhat prominent color blogger/designer and it just feels unfinished (as DH said, “It looks like it’s primered and waiting for its real color.”). She did a great job selecting colors for our master bath, office, and guest room/bath though, so it wasn’t money wasted…

The cabinet color (PPG Spiced Vinegar) needs to stay… that was a nearly year-long oil-based DIY project that we don’t care to repeat.

We’ve had PPG Fireweed (a brick red -- nice, but don’t want red in the kitchen – apparently it stimulates the appetite, which we do not require!) and BM Van Courtland Blue (dusty grayish-blue – selected by a local designer – didn’t love the color), and now PPG Heavy Cream in the room.

In our previous homes, I’d go to the paint store, bring home a couple chips, pick one, buy the paint, and be happy as a clam every time. It seems I can never pick that “ahhhhh” color the first time in this home (maybe the high ceilings or light throw me off?).

I apologize – these photos make it look like there is much more contrast than there really is.

Would love to read your thoughts!! The first picture (no flash) is truest. Thank you!

Comments (6)