SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gigi_leemckenzie

Please help need advice - novice with problems

Gigi z 8A, Upstate SC, USA
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I ordered this grafted Adenium in October (this is it in December before it unspotted it - it had lost one of the grafts, got mushy so I cut off). It's leaves had been removed for shipping. I followed the instructions from the grower to the letter. I purchased Adenium potting mix from ecogrow -It is Coconut
husk, coco peat, pumice, vermiculite, agricultural lime, trace minerals, and a
small amount of slow release organic nutrients. The small and large stones are only on the top. I let it dry out a lot between waterings (stuck my finger in the soil to test)

If I take a handful of moist mix and squeeze it
tightly in my hand. the mix falls apart when i open my
hand, the pot has a drainage hole. I kept it in a south facing window. Leaves never came back and one of the grafts got mushy so I cut it off. In December I contacted the grower. Getting info was like pulling teeth but I unspotted, let sit out for about 2 weeks, I repotted in a 6" azalea pot using the same mix but I added growstones for (hopefully) even better drainage.

This is what the roots looked like when I unspotted. They do not look any different than they did when I received it.... Now the other graft is looking shriveled and I am worried I am going to lose it. Great to have paid the big bucks for a grafted plant to only lose the grafts... I have purchased a grow light for supplement light, should have in a day or so.

What else can I do? I live in South Carolina and will not be able to put this plant outside for a few months yet. Please, please help. I have given up on the grower for any advise. Thanks!

Comments (11)