SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylachney

Is this acceptable?

amylachney
7 years ago

We are approaching the year end mark on our 1 year warranty for our new build. We have been having issues with several doors falling out of square over the course of the past 7 months. They already came and used a hand planer to shave off some of our exterior door that leads to the screen porch, some off the top of our bedroom door, some of the side and top of an upstairs bedroom door, and have fiddled with the hinges and planed some of all three sets of french doors in the house.

My office french doors had to be fixed some more a few days ago, due to the adjustments they made to make the bottom edges of the doors line up with eachother causing the "male" side of the doorknob set to be too high to catch the "female" side. I just now noticed just HOW they "fixed" it when opening the door all the way today to reveal how they butchered the side of it.

Am I out of line to request a new set of doors? I have already seen how awful their "touch up" work is in some pocket door "female" parts in other door frames in my house. This office is not just for me, but is "public" as it is my studio for my boutique photography business, which is marketed to be high end photography.

Also, is it normal to go around shaving off parts of doors? I wonder what they would have done had the doors been fiberglass or whatever those super light hollow plastic doors are? Surely you can't shave that off. Thoughts?

Comments (23)