SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_sottosanti

Is this good shower/ tub tile work? Contractor says it’s acceptable

Rachel Sottosanti
9 months ago

I am having a entire 12x24 addition put on my house which inclues a master bathroom wuth a 3x6 double shower and tub with tile surrounding it. i am starting to get upset bevause I feel i am backed into a corner. some of the tiles that were cut were nice and smooth others are very chipped edges. i am trying to figure out what to do with the contractor but they are starting to become unprofessional with me amd saying the work is acceptable. other things to note some tiles in the border are slanted and nit straught, they did not center the border with the insert it is lower towards tge bottom and then the border around the tub was just pieced and placed terrible together. the right side looks completely different from the left side (how they didnt notice before grouting is beyond me) but yes its all been grouted. this cost me a lot so to me it us unacceptable. they said they could demo abd have their other tile contractor do it but his other work looks comparable so im not given any other options. Truly is this acceptable professional work for over $10,000

Comments (9)