Yessssss!!! It worked!!!
You might've seen my other posts with my "practice" roman shades. I felt I was ready to make a "real" one for my dining room, which has two windows. I used fiberglass ribs this time, and ended up ordering the EZ-Rig Shade kit from Rowley because I saw that it only has a 1 3/4" projection. I was concerned about that because I have to do an outside mount with all but four windows in this house. It worked perfectly!!! There is no gap between the shade and the window casing/trim. I had made a small return to cover the hardware on the side, but it actually looks better without it.
My husband LOVES that the shade itself isn't attached to the wall. It's just two brackets. So we can remove the whole thing to finish painting. The other three shades I made are attached to a board that is screwed to the wall. Not really moveable.
I used the Sailrite tutorial for this shade, and made it pillowcase-style with iron-on rib tape. I sewed rings every other rib and used plain cord instead of shrouded cord. It lays nice and flat when fully opened.
I still need to install the tension device, but in the meantime, the chain was a plaything for my cat!