SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

Help! Dying Dishwasher: Would You Recommend Yours? Why/Why Not???

LynnNM
7 years ago

My 10 year old Kitchen Aid dishwasher is dying, and I'm so ready to help it along . . . with your help. Ten years ago when we had our kitchen gutted down to the bare walls and completely redone, we purchased all new appliances. We chose this one, which has the upper third rack (that is good for nothing, as nothing gets really clean up there) because KA had a good reputation, was Energy Star rated, and was a super quiet dishwasher. We very much need a quiet dishwasher, as sound really carries here with our brick floors, all adobe walls (inside and out), and open concept kitchen into family room.

As for this bad boy, the racks have rusted terribly at every end. The racks also break routinely and cost a small fortune to replace. We've also had to replace the motor and have had it fixed a few other times, as well. Yes, I clean it regularly. Yes, it is not worth repairing again. And yes, it needs to die a swift death as soon as humanly possible.

So, please help me find a good replacement, quickly. Criteria: VERY QUIET; very dependable; comes in black. Our present dw has an integrated cabinet cover on it now, as does our KA French Door fridge. But the cooktop, double ovens and microwave drawer are all black. I want to go black this time with the dishwasher, as it's cover has been a major PIA to use since day #1.

Can you recommend your dishwasher, and if yes or no, why? TIA!!!

Comments (60)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!