SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ktpurr

Sunburned peace lily, new leaves dying - advice?

ktpurr
7 years ago

I had a peace lily for two years in one apartment, and it was fine and happy. Then I moved to a new apartment. First, the leaves got sunburned, so I moved the plant to a spot with no direct sunlight (hard to find). Pretty soon, some new leaves sprouted up, and I cut away a few of the badly-burned leaves. Now some of the new leaves have wilted and then shriveled up and fallen off without turning brown or yellow. The first to go were the newest, which hadn't even unfurled yet. Then two of the larger new leaves died the same way. I'm worried that my plant won't have enough leaves, and I want to help it recover from the sun damage it got in July. I water it once per week until water comes out into the saucer, then I empty the saucer. I fertilize it ~ every two weeks. I repotted it a year ago into a pot that is about 2 inches bigger in diameter than the original pot, which was by then much too small. The soil is currently covered by a layer of sand to keep out fungus gnats. Can you give me some advice for how to nurture this struggling plant? Thanks.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living