SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
66and76

Have you seen the Left's plans to violently disrupt the Inauguration?

66and76
7 years ago

NOTHING violent happened at President Obama's TWO inaugurations. Republicans lost those elections, but they did not attempt to destroy the traditional, historic activities. It is absolutely legal to PEACEFULLY protest in the USA, but it is ILLEGAL to incite or to participate in violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZSfhd1X_8&feature=youtu.be

This undercover Project Veritas video reveals only one violent plan to cause chaos.

Have you seen this? Reactions?

Comments (62)

• User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

If Hillary had won, you'd see the same things from the right. Both candidates were hated. Trump himself eluded to violence if he lost and was even thought by many to have encouraged it. Don't kid yourself, Mimi.

You can't compare the response to Obama's inauguration with the response to Trump's. Obama had an 80% approval at his inauguration. Trump's is about 35% right now. Even Bush had a 60% approval, even after the controversy of the SC determining him the winner.

• wanda_va
    7 years ago

I truly believe that Trump was speaking tongue-in-cheek when he told Russia to find Hillary's emails. Remember that she tried to say they were lost or didn't exist, but we later learned that she had them bleach-bit, after they were subpoenaed by Congress.

Anyone who creates a violent act or excessive disruption at the Inauguration (or at the confirmation hearings) should be charged with a felony and face jail time and a stiff fine. This is not a third-world country, and people shouldn't act like ruffians.

And, for an elected official to boycott a Presidential Inauguration is despicable, regardless of their party affiliation. It's time for our elected officials to grow up and start doing their jobs!

• Related Discussions

How do you know if you have voles or moles?

Q

Comments (6)
    Moles produce tunnels in the yard or garden that result in the soft ground that has been mentioned. At times moles will push giant mounds of dirt aboveground. In yards, the grass can be damaged due to disruption of the roots, so above the tunnels the grass can become yellowed or brown. As to voles, I've never seen evidence that I know of that a vole has disrupted the ground other than at the point of attack. I know a vole has struck when I notice a hosta starting to yellow, and if I look more closely I realize I can lift it out of the ground and there's nothing much left but the leaves, which were sitting in a small hole.
    ...See More

Joint custody disruptions due to distance

Q

Comments (35)
    I am not the judgmental type, and I really believe you never know the reasons for someone else's decisions until you walk in their shoes (if you ever even can). I also do not consider myself terribly naive. But I have wondered time and again why my BF's EX did what she did. By that I mean, have an affair, decide to leave her husband after getting a new mortgage and breastfeeding second daughter, ransack the house while BF was at work and leave a mess in front of her daughters, use BF's inheritance money to move them several states away, secretly remarry, and buy and subsequently have to sell several houses and have the kids change schools because she and new hubby did not plan their budget well. I have wondered to the point where it is unreasonable of me - some things do not and should not make sense. Her actions are, of course, more of a function of her personality and whatever she felt the situation was than the fact she is a bio-mom or whatever other role she may fall into. If someone has a history of displaying weak, selfish behavior, the same can be expected in the future. Even if she despised her husband, anyone who knows him could see what a devoted, capable and attentive father he is. It is really a shame to have moved so far away for the convenience of having built-in babysitters in the form of relatives. I am always shocked to hear when her plans for bringing them north every other month (per court order) inevitably "don't work out" that she tells them, "I don't know why you can't see your dad - ask him to explain." Whenever I enter into an agreement with someone, if I am compelled to leave it I do so with dignity and respect for all involved. The saddest thing was when his older daughter at the age of 8 said to us, "Mom said she left you so that she could finally be happy in life. But she still doesn't seem happy to me." Kids should not be burdened with worrying about these things. I am a child of divorce and I remember the pain well.
    ...See More

Have You Ever Seen a Kitchen Backsplash Made of Wood?

Q

Comments (17)
    Nini, I am not in love with the granite. We didn’t choose the counter and I would not have chosen it. But.....after having kitchens in different houses and chasing expensive trends in what was supposed to be the forever house that I eventually could not wait to leave because supervising it was like being the mayor of my own town, I am very reluctant to change it. For one, what would I change it to? I don’t love quartz or marble, certainly not enough to change this for either. I still love tile counters but would not do that bc they are impractical. If anything I would change to wood counters, then would still have to do something with backsplash and probably would end up changing the cabinets too. I am not going down that rabbit hole this time. I’m not after a dream kitchen—-I just want to like this one more. And to accomplish that I will do smaller projects targeted at the element I like least, in this case the backsplash. Does that make sense? It would not have to me twenty years ago!
    ...See More

Would you or have you paid this price??

Q

Comments (70)
    I've never liked champagne, and I'm glad to see I'm in good company. I don't care for white wine either. I used to be quite fond of good reds (before I got Lyme disease and had to swear off alcohol), and I have friends with deep pockets who often pay prices I cringe at for wine, especially in restaurants, where the wine store price can be greatly inflated. I don't miss drinking wine, but I miss buying it. Our PA state stores have "Chairman's Selections," chosen by someone I used to know. He's very good at his job, and it was always exciting to find something like a highly rated malbec for under $10. I miss the hunt! (I also miss the other kinds of hunts, like at the Salvation Army. LOL)
    ...See More
  • User
    7 years ago

You'll never convince me that Trump voters would have done and fomented what Hillary voters have done.
    To the extent of violence that we've so sadly witnessed? No.

The fear mongering from the left is so very precious right now.

• Annegriet
    7 years ago

Didn't the Trumper himself applaud and congratulate his own supporters for being violent and vicious?

• User
    7 years ago

It was time eight years ago, and our elected officials didn't do their jobs. Remember when we were in the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression? We weathered that, thanks to Obama. So now they're going to get to work and you want Democrats to just go along? Which moderates are left in your party for Dems to work with? I think you voted them all out.

• User
    7 years ago

Go along? No, never is that my expectation and it's a FAR CRY from fomenting violence and anarchy.

Straw man.

• gardenerlorisc_ia
    7 years ago

Conservatives have done nothing like the libs have done. Look at Tea Party rallies and the clean up after them vs the clean up after the dems rallies. Look at the OWS and the huge messes they left; look at the natives up in ND protesting the pipeline.

If they want to PEACEFULLY demonstrate, fine. If they want to get violent, I am sure someone can tamp that down immediately.

I did not look at the OP's vid but some are suggesting they put some kind of lethal gas into the HVAC systems. That is WAY overboard. And if it happens should be charged with felonies.

Ok, never heard of the stuff so I will edit to say noxious? Smelly? OK?

• User
    7 years ago

They should be charged with plotting terrorism.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    7 years ago

I stopped watching the video when it showed excerpts from the oaths of office of Reagan, GHW Bush, Clinton, and GW Bush, but not Obama. Why would his have been left out, do you think?

I hope this is fake news. Short of chaining me to the Washington Monument and propping my eyelids open with tooth picks, you couldn't make me watch the inauguration, but I don't believe there should be any violence or harassment of the PE or the spectators. I also don't care who performs or doesn't perform, or who attends or doesn't attend.

I have renewed respect for all the former presidents and first ladies who will attend--who will do so to show solidarity and support for our country and the office of the POTUS. God bless and keep everyone safe, even You Know Who.

ETA, after reading gardenerlori's post: In the
    first few seconds of the video, they are discussing using butyric acid
    in the vents. It's not lethal, but it stinks to high heavens--it's
    naturally present in vomit, and milk products, BTW. I don't condone that
    behavior, but it's not going to kill anyone.

• User
    7 years ago

My response was to wanda's statement, as follows. I wasn't throwing up a strawman.

And, for an elected official to boycott a Presidential Inauguration is
    despicable, regardless of their party affiliation. It's time for our
    elected officials to grow up and start doing their jobs!

Please, don't pretend that Trump supporters haven't been violent. There were many acts of violence at Trump's rallies, which he encouraged by his tone and by promising to pay their legal fees.

The far left that protested at anti-Trump rallies in Portland were for the most part anarchists who protest at every rally and have the potential for violence. Look at the May Day protests in Seattle. These are not your everyday Democrats or liberals. I didn't watch the video long enough to form a conclusion about those particular men but they are not representative of liberals any more than violent white supremacist groups are representative of conservatives.

• 66and76
    Original Author
    7 years ago

gardener, The video says they were planning to put a really stinky/smoky acid in the HVAC system, not a lethal substance. It would drive everyone out of the inaugural venue into the streets. It would cause panic and chaos. They also wanted to turn on the sprinkler system. The people would panic; some might get hurt running out. Their tactics clearly would create terror. They are terrorists by definition. Democrats who support this type of behavior cannot have the best interests of their fellow citizens at heart. There are legal ways to protest.

• Alisande
    7 years ago

Just as there are decent Republicans and (quite separately) extremists like white supremacists, so are there "regular liberals" (violence has never been their style) and extremist groups like the one in the video, assuming it's real. Please do not lump them together.

I watched only a small part of the video, but if those people are for real they belong in a classification all their own.

• User
    7 years ago

Democrats who support this type of behavior cannot have the best interests of their fellow citizens at heart.

Which Democrats support this?

• 66and76
    Original Author
    7 years ago

mayflowers, To your question, "Which Democrats support this?" Answer, to quote Hillary Clinton, "...unfortunately there are people like that". There are people who support violence in the name of a "cause" or a political ideology. Even Malcolm X furthered his cause, "By any means necessary". Violence is never right., and there are those who cheer it on.

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? [Laughter/applause]. The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that."

• sushipup1
    7 years ago

Fake "news."

• 66and76
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Another Leftist group called DisruptJ20 is planning to disrupt the Inauguration.

http://downtrend.com/katrina/radical-liberals-plans-to-disrupt-trumps-inauguration-exposed

What they say they are going to do is another example of ILLEGAL protest. This is not fake news.

• User
    7 years ago

Yeah, pinkpaula, Republicans would have done the exact same thing.

Not ;-)

These leftist are nothing more than criminals, terrorists, anarchists and most definitely not Americans.

• sylviatexas1
    7 years ago

There are messages all over the internet warning people who plan to attend the demonstrations not to allow themselves to become too excited by people encouraging them the shout hateful and maybe illegal slogans. These are hired instigators. Read up on it.

• Debbie Downer
    7 years ago

ain pls lets consider the source - OKeefe (aka Proj Veritas), as noted in Wiki article, has a history of operations proven to be fraudulent or at best questionable. He, Breitbart, Alex Jones et al are considered RW propagandists, not reputable journalists.

Yes I spoze we have some of that on the left but here's the difference. I would not post anything known to be questionable or unsubstantiated, or not being reported in a more mainstream source. Heres a recent example - the reporting about "unsubstantiated intelligence" that Russians supposedly havea lot of "dirt" on Trump that make him vulnerable to blackmail. What if I posted the article here that I read recently on a far LW site that claims the "dirt" involves some kinky sexual behavior that was described in lurid detail. What if I posted that and insisted it was true? Well, I wouldnt because I dont know and because most of the reportage and the intelligence agys are saying "unsubstantiated.". I think it MIGHT be but I dont know.

I assume we want to have actual conversations with people who think differently from us.... otherwise, why are we posting here at all? Why not just post to friends on Facebook?

Assuming this true, then HOW can this be done, if we cant even agree on what the reality is or what is a reputable news source????

Im serious! I have no idea how to bridge that gap. Not here, nor with sibs/family.

• 66and76
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Current Resident, You ask, "HOW can this be done, if we cant even agree on what the reality is"? Ok. Not one more post needs to be entered on this thread. We can stop "guessing" what the truth is concerning planned attempts by the Left to disrupt the inauguration of Donald Trump. We can set aside every current mainstream report and source of information. All we have to do is watch the activities leading up to the Inauguration on Friday, January 20, 2017. If violent disruptions occur, you will know the truth. If you are objective and you see the disruptions and the breaking of the laws concerning peaceful protests, you will have to admit that groups on the Left generated and participated in the violence. OK? Will your own eyes be the judge? Or, will you still call the truth, "unsubstantiated fake news"?

As my grandfather used to say, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

• 66and76
    Original Author
    7 years ago

And, some protesters are being paid to cause problems.
    Again, this is not "fake news".

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/17/ads-two-dozen-cities-offer-protesters-2500-agitate/

Whatever happens this week, Donald Trump WILL be the president on Friday. The demonstrations just make Democrats look like desperate losers. Pitiful.

• gardenerlorisc_ia
    7 years ago

I have a comment above about that gas that stinks to high heaven. When people stampede to get out of there, it is highly likely that someone could be trampled to death or seriously injured.

Now. onto the points about the paid protestors to disrupt the inauguration. I saw reports in many different cities advertising for people at good pay rates! With health insurance and other benes. And before you libbies say it is fake news; it is not.

• User
    7 years ago

^^ Links, please?

• gardenerlorisc_ia
    7 years ago

Are you deliberately obtuse? There is a link right above my post by pinkpaula. I invite you to read it.

• User
    7 years ago

Snopes looked into those ads by a group calling themselves Demand Protest. Go read what they had to say.

• User
    7 years ago

No, you're not looking past what right wing news tells you to determine the source for yourself. Snopes dug a little deeper. Why didn't the Washington Times do the same?

• catspa_zone9sunset14
    7 years ago

And, some protesters are being paid to cause problems.
    Again, this is not "fake news".

Absolutely true: one of those offering to pay protesters was James O'Keefe of Project Veritas! (see the link at my post above....)

• Jmc101
    7 years ago

". It would drive everyone out of the inaugural venue into the streets.'

Pinkpaula, isn't the inaugural venue IN the streets? Like outdoors? On the steps of the Capitol?

• Summer
    7 years ago

gardenerlorisc_ia "Are you deliberately obtuse?" Is that necessary???

• User
    7 years ago

I think the guys in the James O' Keefe video planned to disrupt the DeploraBall, whatever that is. I hate to give those websites and Youtube videos clicks so I only watch enough to get the gist. It makes me feel dirty and I have to exit quickly.

It's just as believable that "Demand Protest" could be a right wing group who want to make it look like liberals are wanting to cause trouble. The ad that circulated on RW blogs after the election looking for paid protesters was found to be bogus. But gullible people who read these conspiracy blogs like Infowars (which also posted this latest claptrap) do their dirty work for them by repeating what they read. It's very upsetting when it finds its way here, where people trust those posters because they think of them as friends.

Whatever happens this week, Donald Trump WILL be the president on
    Friday. The demonstrations just make Democrats look like desperate
    losers. Pitiful.

I wouldn't place any bets on it being peaceful, but why are you painting all Democrats as losers because of the actions of a few?

• User
    7 years ago

gardenerlorisc_ia

Are you deliberately obtuse? There is a link right above my post by pinkpaula. I invite you to read it.

Are you deliberately rude and obnoxious? You wrote " I saw reports in many different cities advertising for people at good
    pay rates! With health insurance and other benes. And before you
    libbies say it is fake news; it is not."

Which sounds like you have reports in addition to what PinkPaula posted. I was merely asking for links to those.

• gardenerlorisc_ia
    7 years ago

Summer, yes it is necessary; considering a link is directly above my post.

Mayflowers: Snopes? You post an extreme left wing rag and expect people to believe that? Surely you jest.

• User
    7 years ago

You don't have to believe anything you read. Snopes found out some information about Demand Protest that Washington Times and the conspiracy blogs didn't bother to inform their readers about. They only posted the ad with no research on the organization. Are they not investigative journalists at WT? We know very little about who is behind the group, and it seems like small potatoes anyway. When you go to their website, they're not taking applications for protesters. Yet you'll believe plenty of things from right wing blogs who are notorious for posting crazy stuff just to get all you conservatives worked up over nothing. Google Trump's good buddy Roger Stone to see who is behind much of the RW lies.

http://www.snopes.com/paid-protesters-donald-trumps-inauguration/

• Elmer J Fudd
    7 years ago

No one will be changing anyone's views, so why bother to continue slugging away at one another? Both the topic and the comments made by those on each side are inane and pointless.

I stopped name calling pretty much after kindergarten, and learned in high school and college to be critical in understanding what real information sources are and aren't. How about you all?

• User
    7 years ago

Aren't many of the topics on KT inane and pointless? I just scroll on by instead of poking my nose in and telling them to find something more to my liking to occupy their time.

• Elmer J Fudd
    7 years ago

Wherever anyone is while reading this thread, it's at least the cocktail hour or even later. Have a drink, relax, and offer up a meatloaf recipe or an answer to the trivia quiz.

• User
    7 years ago

Oh, those darn emails on an unsecured server and those DNC missives which showed their attempt to thwart our democratic process by cheating?

And how did she go from being deep in debt to being worth millions while $6 billion just went "poof" and disappeared from the State Department on her watch? Was it hijacked by the Russians?

• gardenerlorisc_ia
    7 years ago

Hmmm, selling Bill's used underwear? Selling influence with the incoming administration? Glad that didn't happen.

Never mind on the underwear; they took that to Goodwill and got good tax write-offs for that. Who in the heck would want bill's underwear unless it would be to check DNA?

• lily316
    7 years ago

It doesn't surprise me. Trump is the most hated man ever to take office. Obama had a 80% approval rate entering office , Trump has a 37%. He is despised. He's an immoral racist misogynist creep who is in cahoots with his pal Putin. Where's his tax returns? How come none of you RWers want to see who he does business with? Why don't you care about the moral fiber of the most powerful person in the world? Married three times, cheated on all three wives, accused by a dozen women of sexually grabbing them,(just like he said on the tape), held rallies where he screamed profanities and told his crowd to beat up dissenters. Six bankruptcies. Obama had a totally scandal-free eight years. He'll be impeached very quickly. Wanna take bets when?

• Annegriet
    7 years ago

Lily--I am a lefty. Come from a family of lefties. We argue who is the most lefty at Thanksgiving! I do not believe that Trump will be impeached. Sadly, I do not. Why not? Because the right does not care. Most Americans don't care. Look at our voting turn out. They just don't care. Not at all. Not one iota. For those who did vote, the hatred and vitriol for Hillary did us in at the end. Logic, reason, and civility lost. And, we have a republican Congress who will confirm all of these no-experience billionaires. We'll even confirm Tom Price because they don't care. They just want to "stick it" to the Obama legacy. I am at a loss and feel sad for our nation.. Maybe 20 million Americans have to lose their healthcare for us to get a wake-up call.

• arkansas girl
    7 years ago

I haven't read but a few replies...it's giving me a twitch like the Obama farewell thread was! HA!

These days we need to think of these stories that are floating around the internet as no more credible than what we would read in The National Enquirer. We all know that is made up garbage...right? So why is everyone believing crazy stories just because they see it on Facebook or whatever social media it comes from. Maybe we should go back to watching real news such as ABC, CBS, and NBC! If they make up false stories, they have to pay the consequences. Just ask Brian Williams!

Our Country is suffering from (false) information overload and everyone is going nuts over it!

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    7 years ago

some sort of "false flag" operation - history is full of that sort of thing. often leading to dire consequences.

I hadn't even thought of that. Now I'm worried over steps he'd take after doing that. I'm sad. I was hoping it'd ok, but now I'm wondering if he wouldn't take the opportunity to lay down his new law of order that he's choosing. It better not be the case.

• Debbie Downer
    7 years ago

Ark girl thx you said what I was trying to say, only more directly. Ive been finding BBC, CBC & european sources most reliable these days- I do think its good to also read from left,center and yes right sources - anything and everything as long as its grounded in reality. Its VERY interesting what gets said, what gets left out, how they phrase things to make their side look good and the other side look bad.

Whats different these days is that the known disinformation sites - Breitbart, Alex Jones, veritas, have gotten traction along with self-described neo-nazis and white supremacists( their words) now rebranding themselves as "nationalists" crafting a message and putting it out via the PE & the disinformation sites,

Whats different now is not these people exist - they always have - but that there seems to be more cult-thinking out there - people walling themselves in, flat out refusing to consider any views or take in any information that contradicts what the leaders tell them.

Re OPs post, since it is not appearing anywhere but the fringey far rw disinformation sites.... is not being presented as fact anywhere else and seemingly is being discredited.... if anything happens I will tend to think it may be a "false flag" operation perpetrated possibly by Okeefe & Co himself.

No amt. of anymous strangers on the internet repeating "its not fake news" is going to mean anything - it will be me sifting through various sources to try to determine what's going on. Yep a PITA - timeconsuming - but that's the reality these days.

• Debbie Downer
    7 years ago

PS paula - in answer to your question, yes if I go through my fact finding process and it turns out that lefties are behaving badly or in the wrong... I will be the first to admit it. . Whether or nto it happens I would ask you to not take isolated incidents and smear all "left". Like your header fer instance - the plans of "the left". What "left?" What a scary world you must live in if 50% of the population are out to do you harm.

I'm not citing the behavior of the nutjob who shot up and killed black churchgoers as representative of the entire right am I? So please show your fellow Americans on this forum who have different views from you the same courtesy.

As of right now though ... not seeing any credible sources for this supposed plot - only the known disinformation sites (per Wikipedia). Though I suppose Wik now considered "left" too, even though righties can and are busy adding/editing content themselves. Sigh.

• Chi
    7 years ago

I saw that it's supposed to cost over $100 million to secure this event. That's a lot of tax money. Sad.

• lily316
    7 years ago

Trump hates the media. What he doesn't realize is they put him there. They'd interrupt shows to take his calls from his golden throne, they'd break away during news programs to go to his rallies afraid they'd miss the violence or the hateful rhetoric from him and his supporters giving him millions and millions of dollars of FREE ads. NO publication supported him...none including republican ones and ones who never gave an endorsement before. Don't be too quick to hate the National Enquirer...Trump loves them. They were his only endorsement and he cites them positively all the time.

Anne, maybe or maybe not he will be impeached. Frankly, I don't want him to be although I think that is the grand plan of the GOP. Every single one of them dislikes him and want Pence. I am far more scared of homophobic Pence and his conversion therapy for gays and his archaic abortion views. Thou doest protest too much, Mike.

• Annegriet
    7 years ago

I don't want the Trumper impeached. God no. PENCE IS WORSE. Conversion therapy? Oh no. Stay alive Trumper. Stay alive.

• Annegriet
    7 years ago

Racist Sexist Anti-Gay. Trumper Trumper Go Away. That'll be me on Saturday--in Washington--at the March. I'll be wearing a pink hat!

• lily316
    7 years ago

Me too. I'll look for you...

• ronminsouthga
    7 years ago

Have any of you looked at all of the James O'keefe vidoes???? Also, Where can I get news that isn't FAKE?????