Will you taste ANYTHING?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (62)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
What do you do with bad tasting tomatoes?
Comments (9)Try this: (cut and paste from the Recipe forum) Slow Roasted Tomatoes 20 Roma type tomatoes (same size tomatoes are best if your garden cooperates) 2 T olive oil, plus a little to oil the pan if you don't have a mister 1 T ground fennel 2 T dried basil 1 T dried oregano 1 T dried majoram (Any combination of herbs that appeals to you can be used.) Preheat oven to 250 F (about 9 hours roasting time) or 200 F (10-11 hours roasting time.) I used the shorter time, but mainly because my antique oven will not stay at 200 F. Wash tomatoes, dry, and cut each tomato in half lengthwise, keeping the stem spot in one piece (to grab when peeling the tomatoes later.) Put tomatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil and herbs. Spray cookie sheet with olive oil mister (or brush very lightly with oil). Arrange tomatoes cut-side down on cookie sheet. After about 8 hours, start checking tomatoes. They're done when skins puff up and tomatoes are reduced in size by at least half. It's a personal preference as to how dried you like them, and I prefer to cook mine until they look fairly dense, but still a tiny bit juicy. These tomatoes have an intense tomato flavor that you probably can't get any other way. They can be eaten hot or cold. They freeze wonderfully to use all winter in soups, stews, and pasta sauces. Personally, I wouldn't add the fennel, and I would probably use either oregano OR basil, but not both. But that's just me....See MoreAnything else taste like Gardener's Delight?
Comments (9)Susan, I'm a fan of Gardener's Delight/Sugar Lump also. And I think it has a complex, not overly sweet, rich tomato flavor compared to other cherry tomatoes. I'm surprised when I read other tomato growers panning Gardener's Delight/Sugar Lump ... but to each his own ... as when Sungold hit the market full force, it was often ballyhoed as "sweeter and more flavorful than Gardener's Delight" in some of its marketing literature. Apparently Gardener's Delight at one time was considered a benchmark. Anyway ... a friend of mine who posts here as Hortist told me there are variations of Gardener's Delight out there and that some are more flavorful than others. I believe he worked with the cultivar at NC State. The one I grow originally came from a Ferry Morse packet if I remember right ... and I think I bought it at Lowes. Ahh ... but I've never run across a full size tomato that tasted like Gardener's Delight/Sugar Lump to me. I thought maybe someone could cross it into a larger tomato, but after crossing Sungold into Indian Stripe, I now understand with my taste buds what many have said that flavor is not necessarily a dominant trait carried over into hybrids. Bill...See MoreIs There A Food That You Have Never Tasted
Comments (40)Tiramisu, have had it but don't think it's as wonderful as other people think it is. It's ok. Rabbit, they fed it fried to us in basic training at in the Air Force. It was good, tasted like chicken to me. Have had a lot of things listed above by other people. I think I'm pretty open to new foods, having grown up eating a lot of different Oriental food from my mom and her friends. When we went to France we steered clear of the horse meat on the menus. Just can't bring myself to eat a possible old racehorse. Lauren wanted to try escargot, though, so I ordered a seafood platter for both of us with escargot, clams, oysters and I can't remember what else. I didn't know it was cold and raw. The escargot might have been better if sauteed in butter or however they make it. That is the only thing I can think of that I might want to try again....See MoreDo you taste as you cook?
Comments (16)Yes, I always taste......no matter what you are using the taste is never the same, especially canned items. Even my home canned items......I always follow the recipe the first time and then if I want to experiment I will but the first time is exactly by the book........ I am always amazed at the people who look for or even ask for a recipe and you give it to them and they say , I made it exactly like the recipe except I used old bay instead of paprika, or flour instead of cornmeal or milk instead of water......I mean if you are going to make up your own recipe why ask me to go to the trouble of giving you my tried and true...........See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

BEFORE AND AFTERSLiving Area Lightened Up and Ready for Anything
Porcelain tile and outdoor fabrics prepare this lakeside home for the challenge of pets and kids
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: An Opposite-Tastes Couple Finds a Happy Medium
Cherished antiques rub elbows with contemporary furnishings in this intimate-feeling open-plan Chicago condo
Full Story
TASTEMAKERSPro Chefs Dish on Kitchens: Michael Symon Shares His Tastes
What does an Iron Chef go for in kitchen layout, appliances and lighting? Find out here
Full Story
LIFEWhen Your Tastes Clash: How to Design and Decorate as a Couple
Want to keep the peace? Work with both of your styles when remodeling, decorating or building new, for a home that feels right to all
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Goodwill and Good Taste in a Grand Colonial
Welcoming the community for charity fundraisers and more, this Massachusetts home radiates graciousness
Full Story
GROUND COVERSGive Your Lawn a Taste of the Wild
Consider the joys of an irregularly trimmed meadow lawn: It’s ecofriendly, visually interesting and still good for romping
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESTaste a Rainbow: 11 Top Home Decorating Colors and How to Use Them
Prime yourself for spring painting season with our color-happy guide to working with popular shades around the home
Full Story
LIFEWhen Design Tastes Change: A Guide for Couples
Learn how to thoughtfully handle conflicting opinions about new furniture, paint colors and more when you're ready to redo
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGEdible Flowers Offer a Sweet Taste from the Garden
Flowers that beautify the landscape can also pretty up the plate or sweeten a spread
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESBring a Taste of Italy Home With 12 Design Touches
No vacation plans abroad? You can still get the feel of old-world Italy with these ideas from an Italian designer
Full Story
User