SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charles_andrew_boyd

Please Help - My palm trees are dying

charles_andrew_boyd
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I live in Dallas, TX and moved into my current home in March of 2015. There are 3 needle palms in my back yard that I believe were planted in 2006. To date I've done very little to maintain them. I've given them very light trimming down low in the Fall and they receive water in the summer months from my sprinkler system that waters this particular flower bed and my lawn (I'm fairly conservative with my summer watering, but keep my grass healthy with minimal water). We've had a fairly mild winter this year in Dallas, with only 4-5 days with below freezing temperatures - with lots of uncharacteristically warm days getting into the 60s and 70s. We've had some precipitation. I don't feel that these palms have been under/over watered. In winters past they stay very green during the winter. That said, something is causing them to turn brown, and you can see the one on the left is the worst, middle slightly better shape and the one on the right seems to be in the best shape. I'm wondering if I'm dealing with disease or malnutrition. If anyone has any insight on what I can do to save these palms it would be greatly appreciated!

Charlie Boyd

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio