SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c24mccain1976

Central Florida fruit tree and garden project

Corey McCain
7 years ago

I originally posted this in the "Florida Gardening" forum but believe its applicable here as well.

Hello all I have posted here a couple of times but this is my introduction. I had mentioned in another thread called "what do you have planned for your gardens in 2017" what my current plans are and what we did in 2016 and someone had asked for me to post my links to my videos I have of the project so I decided to do that in a new thread. We began this project February 15 with a chainsaw cutting down some oaks for light. At the end of March early April we began planting fruit trees. We brought in a lot of top soil because our water table is very high here so it was a lot of work. Unfortunately I didn't start recording until August so much had been done by that point. There is a short video of some flood and wind damage by Hurricane Hermine which shows a little progress in the project and then an update video was done in November. I plan on doing another update video around February 15 as that will be the one year point and a lot has happened since my November update. Now we all have our reasons and motivations on why we love what we are doing but mind tend to be different being religiously motivated and some of this is in these videos (If there are any issues or questions about that you can contact me personally rather than sparking a religious debate on here). I wanted to mention that for some context as it plays a rather large role in our project. We are located southwest of Lakeland, FL just outside of the city. With that said here are the videos in order:

August video

Flooding from Hurricane Hermine

November update

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus