SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barry_speronello

Need help positioning cup pull and door knobs on vanity drawer/doors

barry speronello
7 years ago

Hello, first time installing pulls on cabinet doors and I need help with their positioning. A picture of the vanity is shown below.

The drawer pull is a cup pull similar to this one:

https://www.houzz.com/products/cosmas-4310sn-satin-nickel-cabinet-cup-pull-prvw-vr~24054321

It's holes are located at the bottom of the pull, and the body of the pull extends about 1 1/8 inch above the holes. I had intended to center the pull vertically on the drawer. My question is: Should I drill the holes centered vertically on the drawer, or should I drill them 9/16 inch below the vertical center of the drawer so that the body of the pull is vertically centered on the drawer (I lean towards centering the holes even though it puts the body of the pull above center, but I admit to having little design sense)?

Once I locate the drawer pull I had intended to align the knobs on the taller doors even with the drawer pull. And that triggers the second question. Should I drill the holes for the knobs vertically aligned with the holes for the drawer pull, or vertically aligned with the center of the cup pull (about 9/16 in. above the holes of the cup pull)?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Barry

ps. I apologize if this has been covered before, but I did not see a way to search the forums

Comments (6)