SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lascatx

Jakvis or others -- Thermador column repair

lascatx
7 years ago

As far as we could tell at the time, we had the first Thermador columns installed for actual use, not in a showroom or such in our area, and I have recommended them ever since. Tonight, I discovered everything in my freezer thawing -- no warning signal, nothing. The power and lights were on (turned off and things cleaned out now) but the digital panel was dark and nothing happened when I pushed any buttons. Tried turning it back on after 5 minutes off and doing a test -- lights were on but nobody was home. Nothing. Kinda sounds like that control panel went out on us. Seems pretty obvious. You agree or any other thoughts?

I saw an older post where Jakvis said they are pretty easy to pull out and replace from the front (I do remember hearing most repairs could be done from the front at the time -- that makes me feel a little better). Any guesses what we should expect that to cost? We are well past a two year warranty on that since it is not part of the sealed refrigeration system. Any issues with part availability?

Comments (4)