SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline9ca

OT - RAIN!

jacqueline9CA
7 years ago

I have been waiting for the rain to stop to tell you about it on here. It is truly remarkable here this year - we have had over 30 inches of rain since Oct 1. Our normal YTD number (the rain "year" starts on July 1, but we had no rain, as usual, in July or Aug or Sept) is below 20 inches for this date. Our "normal" full year 12 month number is 35 inches, so it looks as if we will be way over that by the time it stops raining in April/May.

I think the drought in Calif. is finally over! I even understand that Southern CA has had rain lately - yay!

Most remarkable to me is that we have actually had over 10 inches of rain in the past 7 days. That's 4-5 large storms in a row. (Last night my bravest cat Lizzy ran between my feet down the back stairs from our back porch when I was going down. She got to the bottom of the stairs, and looked out at the dark night, blowing rain, and high wind making noise in the trees. She held her ground until a really high gust of wind came and made the trees make a loud roaring sound. Then she looked at me and ran back up the stairs and waited for me to let her in. She has never done that before!). This morning the sun finally came out. Went out for a bike ride with my DH - so nice to get out of the house!

All of my roses are happy, of course. Our garden drains quite well now, as my DH has been working on that for years. The weeds are also very happy, alas. If it stays dry tomorrow, I will try to start doing things in the garden without walking on the beds - they are still way too wet. However, we have lots of paths, and a long driveway, and a long sidewalk in the front of our house, so I can stay on the hardscape and get a lot done.

Jackie

Comments (16)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional