SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Not Buying, Just Moving Around

Anyone who suffered along with me last spring when I bought curtains, rugs, pillows and who knows what else and pestered everyone here endlessly knows that I'm rather compulsive/manic about decorating. A few days ago I caught the changing/fixing bug again. One thing I'm rather proud of is that I repurposed the toile drapes from the living room by putting them in the TV room which had formerly had semisheer gold striped curtains. I love the toile curtains which give a softer, richer look.

I'm trying to make my house look less English country traditional and exchanged an ornately gold-framed oval mirror and an oval needlepoint picture for a painting and a rectangular needlepoint. I wonder how you all feel about the change. Better or not?

I redid the picture arrangement over the loveseat in the fall and liked the sumptuous English country house-style arrangement, that is until it seemed a bit overblown to me. I then tried two other arrangements. Which do you like? I know one is too far up from the loveseat but I like its simplicity.

Comments (27)