SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newmember4

need to make dishwasher decision quickly - please help!!

newmember4
7 years ago

Our 20 year old Kitchen Aid dishwasher quit on us tonight. I really liked the dishwasher - dishes were clean, it was somewhat quiet, pretty quick, and got dishes dryer than the Bosch in our old house. Now we are looking to replace the dishwasher as soon as possible. I could use some guidance. I know that people on this forum tend to like Miele and Bosch. My concern with those brands is that the capacity is smaller than my current dishwasher and that the Bosch does not get things dry enough. I don't have the time to do all the research that I would like to do. What do people think of lower priced brands like Whirlpool and Maytag? Do they have higher capacity? Anyone buy once recently and love it? What is the general opinion on flatware features - I like to throw the forks and knives into the basket quickly. In some ads I see that it appears that someone laid them out in a perfect row. I am not that person. Any recommendations? Thank you in advance! Fyi, Bosch and Miele are still in the running, just looking for possible alternatives. Thanks again!

Comments (23)