SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_15726736

Lawn Care Planner Web App

User
7 years ago

Hello everyone!

I have been working on a web application to provide folks with a year long planner for various lawn care activities. I decided to develop this tool for a few reasons. First, a few years ago when I bought my first house, I spent a lot of time researching how to care for my lawn. I found tons of resources across the internet. But the information was so spread out over the web, and mostly non-specific to my location. The second reason is that on forums like this there are tons of posts where people are asking when they should apply pre-emergent herbicides, when to fertilize, etc.

I do NOT claim to be a lawn care expert by any means (although I am very proud of my lawn!!). What I did here was pull together information spread across the interwebs, and create a tool that makes that information location specific. I tried to include my sources for information where ever possible.

Here is the description of the web app from the homepage:

This web application is designed to create a personalized schedule for your annual lawn care. Currently this application only applies to COOL SEASON GRASS TYPES. It utilizes Normal Daily Temperature data for your area, and estimates dates when specific lawn care activities should be completed.

Your personal planner includes a recommended schedule for fertilizer, grass seed, mowing, weed control, and insect control.

The site is still very new, and I would appreciate any and all feedback on the appearance, usability, recommendations, etc. One point that I know some will bring up is the fertilization schedule. This site is based on 1 spring application, 1 summer application, and 2 fall applications. That was the most commonly recommended schedule I found in my research, which is why I went with it. Really I am open to any suggestions for changes, so please feel free to comment here, or through the site's feedback section. I am currently working on incorporating Warm Season grasses as well, so stay tuned for that!

The site can be found here: http://www.lawncareplanner.com/

Comments (9)