SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_2125290

Tired of feeling oak woodwork is dated & ugly

User
7 years ago

When we built our house 17 years ago, half of the houses in our development had white woodwork but the other half had oak (live in the midwest), like we currently do, but they did at least put in a pretty white kitchen. We went with the oak kitchen because of kids - afraid they would make it dirty all the time.

Now so many of my neighbors are having someone paint all of their oak white. Every single newly built house in the area has white woodwork. I am so tired of the oak and not wanting anyone to see it because it's not "In". It's so "out" that is disgusting (my opinion).

Painting over it is not a possibility due to hubby. We've looked into just changing the kitchen cabinets from oak to white, but hubby says it's too expensive. I'm afraid just a paint job on the cabinets will look half-a$$ed, plus I'd still be stuck with a ton of extensive oak woodwork in the rest of the house. And I mean extensive -- the builder really went all out with massive oak in this house.

Am I a bad person for being tired of all of this "ugly" oak?? Yearning for a pretty house with white woodwork??

Comments (39)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County