SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

I'm tired... forgot how much work an old house is!

tinker_2006
12 years ago

I need a pep talk! We have restored a couple old houses, but I know we were short on funds, and we lived in the home while we tackled projects. This new/old house looks BEAUTIFUL from the pictures... so many people couldn't see what needed to be done.

The house is a 1937 home, and the roof was replaced 8 months ago, but by a company, now out of business. It was all wrong, and 1 hour after we closed (in May) it was pouring outside.. and inside too!

We planned on renovating the messy stuff and move in to tackle other issues, but one thing keeps leading to another (of course!)

Our MAIN focus is the kitchen (which was FLITHY, previously had rats, squirrels and such) as well as the laundry room, and masterbath (which actually was ok, but I figured we'd get done with the mess before we moved in).

Our house is being totally rewired, and the electricians have been there TWO (2) MONTHS!! I'm so tired of them, and having to use a lead cord with every little thing.

The bath next to the kitchen, we decided to steal the oak flooring to use as repairs, since we need to get new AC ducts, but once that was removed.. it is all rotten underneath (of course!)

Every room needs SOMETHING addressed before I can get in there and paint. All the woodwork is so thick with paint, and latex over oil.. I have to strip everything! I had a couple painter come to give me an estimate, and they said it was too much work for them, they weren't interested.

Here's a picture to refresh your memory!

Click on the link to see some recent demo, and issues we are tackling. DH keeps saying he wants to knock it down... and build new. TOO LATE at this stage in the game!

From Sunrise Drive
Sunrise - work in progress

Comments (25)