SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicoletta7

Small and Modest floor plans?

Nicoletta
7 years ago

Going against the grain here, but I am looking into efficient floor plans to minimize the house square footage. To give a little information, I have designed and lived in a 30x44 house with full unfinished basement. To me, this is too big. I am looking to build even smaller. I realize my house will fit in some folks' garages but that's a moot point. My 30x44 would be fine for a family of four, and I am looking to still be able to support a family of four, but also shrink the dimensions a bit more. Do any of you have some sites or plans that you can share that will give me more ideas on an efficient layout?

I could easily shrink the plan but I want to keep all living essentials on the main floor instead of the traditional bedrooms in the basement to save space. This means on the main floor: Living room to seat 6, Kitchen, Dining area, staircase, main bathroom with laundry, kids bedroom (current office), master bedroom, 4' of closet space for each person, and a small master bath. I have all of that in my current plan and can see some places to save space. I have an open layout for the living room, kitchen, and dining and will probably do that again as it conserves space.

Comments (9)