SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jayhawkfam

Floor Plan Feedback

RC
7 years ago

I'd really appreciate some feedback on our floor plan. We're working from a builder's plan but have flexibility to make modifications. We're a family of 4 (kids are 9 and 5), and we live in Fargo, ND. We also have a small dog.

Our home is a 2-story plus unfinished basement. There will be a family room, two additional bedrooms, and a bath in the basement. I'm posting both main floor and upstairs plans here, but most of my questions are about the second floor (I plan to get feedback from the kitchen group, as well!). Regarding the second floor, we are now leaning towards switching from 4 bedrooms to 3. The two smaller rooms are quite small for our kids who will want more of their own space as they age, and we also can't imagine ever needing 6 bedrooms plus an office/den. What do you think of this idea? Other considerations we're missing?

Also, we're not set on the master bath layout. Any thoughts? We don't want a tub (neither of us has taken a bath in 15 years, and there will be two other tubs in the home), so they took it out and added the extra space to our walk-in, which is good. We're just not sure about how the rest of it is set up.

I hope you can see the plans ok - they're just photos from my phone. Thank you!

Comments (25)