SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Positive thoughts and prayers needed please

neetsiepie
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

My best friends DD is in a terrible situation and needs all the energies and prayers we can muster.

The DD, L has 3 children from her 1st marriage, the youngest was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 3 (he just turned 5 this week) and is currently in remission, but still taking chemo. 2 years ago L divorced her 1st husband and got serious with a man she worked with-they ended up pregnant and got married, then bought a new house they're fixing up. Shortly after the new baby was born her marriage started unravelling and she's been reconsidering her decision to marry him.

About 10 years ago L had a malignant melanoma removed from her neck and gets annual check ups. Her last check up revealed another melanoma and now her oncologist wants her to get a PET scan. Her uncle died from melanoma, so her mom is scared to death.

Now where this even more concerning is that L just learned she's pregnant again. Apparently her DH is thrilled but she's sick about it-she has been advised not to have the PET scan or chemo if pregnant. So she must make a very difficult choice: terminate and get the scan & treatment or risk not having the scans & go with just a biopsy and keep the pregnancy. Her marriage being rocky is something else for her to consider-her mom is very anxious for her to have the testing and treatment as she's terrified of losing her DD.

My friend is beside herself, as is her daughter L. L has not announced the pregnancy-apparently its very early, so if she makes the difficult decision to terminate, it's still personal...but the cancer diagnosis is known. I'm heartbroken for everyone involved and ask for you all to please send light and love to my BFF, L and her family. Thank you

Comments (18)