SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter

Apple watch :(

beaglesdoitbetter
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I got an Apple Watch 2 for Xmas from my in-laws . I had hedged on wanting one b/c I wasn't sure what the purpose was but finally decided I did want one and I asked for it from them when they asked what I wanted.

My plan in my head was that I could download my podcasts that I listen to every day and pair the watch with my bluetooth headphones and just go off on my walks w/ my watch and not have to carry a nano with me.

Well, come to find, it's not quite so easy... you apparently cannot download podcasts to the watch and can only listen to them if you have your phone with you. Which is stupid b/c then I could have just taken my phone on walks with me to begin with, which I did not and do not want to do.

So, I found a lengthy workaround where you can re-label the podcasts as music and download them to your phone and then sync the phone w/ the watch and they're supposed to work that way. Which works, slowly, as long as I download the podcast the night before.

But now the watch has a terrible time staying connected to bluetooth headphones even when my phone stays connected to the very same headphones as I walk halfway around the pool area.

Compounding my annoyance, half the time when I was Siri to do something on the watch, it tells me that it can't find Siri. I was holding the watch next to the phone just now and asked it to do something and it said it couldn't find my phone.

If Steve Jobs was alive, this product would NOT have been released, IMO.

So, for those who have these things:

1. What do you DO with it?

2. Does yours have a hard time staying connected to your headphones or your phone? Is it possible mine is just a dud?

Comments (11)